Enclave hosts and supports eight rolling independent spaces in an incubator set-up, where artists and curators can establish mid-long term projects and benefit from secure space, shared audiences, group momentum and peer networks. These spaces are currently: Res., news of the world, Divus London, Third Text, fourFOLD, Call & Response and Victory Press.
From September 1st 2015, a unit at Enclave will be available to rent, creating the opportunity for an ambitious new project space to take up residence to develop and realise their own curated public programme within this supportive environment. Suitable candidates will be not-for-profit projects exploring contemporary art practice and proposing year-round critically engaged public activity.
Specifications of the available space:
– 325sqft (30sqm) or 13ft x 25ft (4.05m x 7.6m) private unit
– Ground floor
– Double height (allowing for a mezzanine level for storage/office space, if desired)
– Fully glazed frontage
– Central heating
– Concrete floor
– Phone point
– 24hrs access
– Shared communal exhibition equipment (ladders, plinths, folding chairs)
– Promotion of events through the monthly Enclave news bulletin
– Separate communal kitchen
– Fully wheelchair accessible site (incl. a shared accessible toilet)
Rent is £490/month inclusive of all utilities and business rates, this rate is subsidised by Enclave down from the commercial market value of ca.£625/month.
For more information on how to apply, for rates and general enquiries email us with ‘Enclave Project Space’ in the subject.
Deadline August 6th 2015, 12noon.
Please note that applications for artist studios or one-off exhibitions will not be considered.
Main image: Auto-Archive: The Photocopy Show curated by Toby Huddlestone, Curatorial Timeshare, Enclave 2013
Image: Gareth Chambers, news of the world, Enclave 4