Enclave hosts and supports eight rolling independent spaces where artists and curators can establish mid-long term projects and benefit from secure space, shared audiences, group momentum and peer networks. These spaces are currently: Res., news of the world, Divus London, Third Text, Green Ray, The Caged Antelope and Call & Response.
From May 21st 2016, a unit at Enclave will be available to rent, creating the opportunity for an ambitious new project space to take up residence to develop and realise their own curated public programme within this supportive environment. Suitable candidates will be not-for-profit projects exploring contemporary art practice and proposing critically engaged public activity.
Specifications of the available space:
– 325sqft (30sqm) or 13ft x 25ft (4.05m x 7.6m) private unit
– Ground floor
– Double height (allowing for a mezzanine level for storage/office space, if desired)
– Fully glazed frontage
– Central heating
– Concrete floor
– Phone point
– 24hrs access
– Long lease on the building (minimum of another six years)
– Shared professional networks, shared audiences and peer support
– Shared communal exhibition equipment (ladders, plinths, folding chairs)
– Use of separate communal kitchen
– Fully wheelchair accessible site (incl. a shared accessible toilet)
Rent is £490/month inclusive of all utilities and business rates, this rate is subsidised by Enclave down from the commercial market value of ca.£625/month.
How to Apply:
Please send the following information in ONE pdf/word document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading ‘Enclave Project Space Application’ and please keep the total size of your submission document to 5MB max.:
1. A CV of each of the main organisers – max 1 side A4 each
2. Your proposal for the space – please detail the specific area of interest, your mission, target audience, financial set-up etc (800 words max)
3. A proposal for the first exhibition/event/project you would realise in the space – be as specific as possible and only include confirmed artists/participants
4. Up to six images illustrating your proposal embedded in the document (no attachments).
Please note that applications for artist studios or commercial galleries will not be considered.
For all enquiries email us with ‘Enclave Project Space’ in the subject.
Deadline May 13th 2016, 9am.